Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finally Fall and Finally Back to my Old Bean Self!

Fall has finally arrived, and with it I return to my very sad and neglected blog. All I can say is that my broken foot got me down, and I had no desire to blog about my summer as a gimp. Therefore, I start fresh with the fall! My foot is almost as good as new, and I am back at the gym, working on my fitness! So the Bean is back, and so is Autumn! I heart fall. It is my favorite season by far. I appreciate summer and all that comes with it: swimming, shorts, suntans; but I LOVE cozy sweaters, mugs of steaming hot cocoa, and tall boots. I love searching for that perfect pumpkin and all the kids in their costumes, leaves turning colors, and knowing that the rest of the holiday season is on it's way. SO, in honor of the turning tide, I had a Fall Festivus Celebration at my new abode in Bernal Heights last weekend.

The day began with a trip down the coast to the annual Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival. There Andy and I met up with my family, and I highly enjoyed all the pumpkin delicacies and multiple boothes selling all sorts of trinkets. I took my little siblings (Mason 11, Grace 8) through the Haunted House, where several ghouls and pirates attempted to scare the beer out of my hands. The weather was perfect, with just a slight chill in the air, and clouds in the sky. On our way back into SF, we stopped at one of the many patches to pick our pumpkins. Andy had to have a green one, which the pumpkin people advised us was delicious to eat, so I am sure in no time Andy will be seeing if its true. I grabbed a giant classic, which will be glowing on our front deck as soon as I find the time to carve it up. Once we made it back to our place, we watched the Giant's beat the Phillys, and enjoyed homemade lasagna and a lemon spice cake created by yours truly. I feel so lucky to have a home that I can share with my family and friends! This weekend I am headed down to my old stomping grounds, SLO, to visit with Valerie and the Neuschwander Family! Then its a quick getaway to Boston and NY, followed by my cousin's wedding...I cannot wait for all of the Fall Fun that is to come, I hope you all get yourselves some, and I think rhyming is a sure sign that this post is done.






2 comments:

  1. Hooray! It made my day to see that your blog was once again at the top of my list for having been updated. So glad that you're back in commission and can't wait to celebrate East Coast style in a couple of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is the MOST fun! And so are visits from Beanie. We loved having you here and can't wait for you to come back to SLO soon!

    ReplyDelete