Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Half Dome Challenge 2010


110 = The number of days that remain between myself and the beast which is Half Dome! ORRR better yet...110 = The number of days I have to turn myself into a lean, mean, bean climbing machine so I don't collapse on the way up Half Dome. Yes, that's more like it. On August 22, 2010, myself and a group of brave comrades will be venturing to the top of Hald Dome. I simply cannot wait. Given the insane amount of people that attempt to clime her Majesty HD every hiking season, Yosemite is now requiring hikers to buy permits for the day which they plan on making the climb. Without a permit, hikers will not be allowed to climb the final 425 feet of chains (bring it!!) to the very top. Permits are needed Fridays-Sundays, which is when most 9-5er's such as myself can make this journey. The chains go up for HD Memorial Weekend, and remain until late September. Already, almost ALL the permits are sold out. It is absolute crazyness. We managed to snag 12 permits for our impressive group making the climb on Sunday the 22nd. As the date approaches, I will update my blog with my process towards becoming an elite hiker, and keep a tab on the purchases I've made to aid me in taming the beast. I have my eye on a sweet backpack and some new hiking boots. Yeaaah, leave it to me to somehow turn this into a way for me to snag some new swag. So my friends, we begin here. 110 days and counting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment